Saturday, May 28, 2011

When you've been a photographer for as long as I have, things you see tend to be surrounded by an imaginary frame, and your mind places them in an album or on a computer screen.   This isn’t always a blessing.  Often you don’t even have a camera handy or you can’t pull your car over.  The light on a landscape or the expression on a face may change before you can focus.  Sometimes the subject appears liable to do violence to your equipment and/or your person if intruded upon. 

I saw this picture nearly every time I visited the transfer station, but on this particular day The colors were bright, the shadows were sharp, my camera was in my pocket and there was no one behind me waiting for me to dump my trash.  I collected the image as one might collect a shell or a vintage comic book or an expressionist painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment