Sunday, March 23, 2014

Mexican Madras


Happy Day!  Annette saw something on TV that told her tequila is good for you.  Personally, I never pay attention to the nutritional and other health segments of the morning news, but ‘tis an ill wind….

I am ordinarily the family bartender, but I was off this morning purchasing bagels and the Sunday New York Times. When I returned Annette had gotten out the cocktail shaker and mixed up Mexican Madrases. Here’s a recipe.  I don't know if it’s the one she used or if she followed the one she found, but it looks like a good start.

3 ounces cranberry juice
½ ounce orange juice
1 ounce gold tequila
1 dash lime juice

Shake with ice, strain, and serve with a half orange slice. 


I’m not sure how much health benefit you get from one tiny ounce of tequila, but the recipe may be modified according to your conscience, your body’s need for nutritious agave, and your taste.  The mere presence of breakfast cocktails improved our mood on this cold and cloudy March day.  We clinked glasses, munched our bagels, and went off to our newspaper in good spirits. 


No comments:

Post a Comment